If you seek tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of city life, this farm is perfect for you. Fondness for cats is also a must. Join us!
Work on a farm while volunteering in the United States – requirements & tasks
Welcome to our inviting homestead/farm nestled amidst the serene hills of south-central Kentucky, surrounded by the Amish community.
Our farm boasts certification as Naturally Grown and specializes in cultivating garlic, seasonal vegetables, and a variety of fruits. We sell our produce directly from the farm or conveniently deliver to customers.
Outdoor gardening and planting activities commence in April. From late May through July, we meticulously dig, clean, and cure over 5000 bulbs of garlic. In mid-November and beyond, we focus on planting, fertilizing, and mulching our garlic beds. If you’re eager to delve into this industry, consider applying during these months.
We spend most of our days outdoors harvesting, planting, and preserving our produce. Continuously maintaining buildings, and fences, and undertaking various small building projects, like raised beds, bramble fencing, wood splitting, and tree cutting, remains ongoing.
We’re open to volunteers staying for varying durations. Whether you prefer a brief stay or a few weeks, flexibility is key. Self-motivation is essential, along with the ability to stay engaged during inclement weather. For those new to farming, an initial stay of less than two weeks is preferable. An affinity for cats is a must.
You will work for about 20 hours per week.
Work on a farm while volunteering in the United States – what we offer
Accommodations consist of a private second-floor bedroom equipped with two single beds, a fan, air conditioning, and heating. The bathroom, shared with one other person, is located on the first floor. We also provide a full board. Wifi is available for your convenience.
We only accept non-smokers and regretfully cannot accommodate children or pets.
More volunteering opportunities in North America
- Work in exchange for accommodation in the USA
- Volunteer with dogs in the US
- Help out in a forest retreat as a volunteer in the United States
- Volunteer in Canada & learn organic gardening
- Help out on a family farm in the US
- Help out on a hobby farm while volunteering in Canada
- Volunteer in Canada & help out at Beachfront Resort
- Help in a BnB while volunteering on the big island of Hawaii
- Volunteering opportunity for content creators in the Dominican Republic.
- Volunteer on a ranch in New Mexico, USA. Help renovate a farmhouse.
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in the United States
- A comprehensive Visa guide for international travelers
- Guide to writing a message to a host that gets you free accommodation
- Explore yoga travel jobs for certified instructors
- Volunteer with Animals Abroad
- Farm volunteer opportunities abroad
- How to make the most of a gap year spent volunteering