We have a small retreat center and forest club dedicated to health, wellness, nature, creativity, and fostering connections with ourselves. join us in building a couple of decks and managing trees for firewood.
Volunteer in the United States & work in a forest retreat – requirements & tasks
This is a delightful 25-acre forest on the Upper Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee, located near the Cumberland Trail and Daddy’s Creek.
I’ll be constructing a couple of tent decks next month and could use an extra pair of hands. Having some building skills would be a plus.
Other tasks may include cutting up trees and limbs for firewood (chainsaw skills are necessary), placing gravel, clearing the ground, and either removing old stain or applying new stain to the cabins.
We’ll work for 4 hours a day, and the rest of the time is yours to enjoy hiking, swimming, and exploring the numerous waterfalls in Tennessee.
A minimum stay of 2 weeks is required.
You will work for about 28 hours/week.
Volunteer in the United States & work in a forest retreat – what we offer
You’ll be staying in the baby cabin, which includes a sink. There’s also a shared kitchen and bathroom space available in the upper cabin.
I’ll provide breakfast and dinner, while lunch and snacks are on your own. We follow a whole-food diet.
More volunteering opportunities in North America
- Volunteer in Canada & learn organic gardening
- Help out on a family farm in the US
- Help out on a hobby farm while volunteering in Canada
- Volunteer in Canada & help out at Beachfront Resort
- Help in a BnB while volunteering on the big island of Hawaii
- Volunteering opportunity for content creators in the Dominican Republic.
- Volunteer on a ranch in New Mexico, USA. Help renovate a farmhouse.
- Volunteer in Missouri, USA and help to restore the native flora.
- Volunteer & be a helping hand on a growing homestead in Maine, USA
- Pet and house sitting opportunity in Los Angeles, California