Volunteer in our lively bar, meet people from around the world and immerse yourself in local culture. Join us in the Caribbean!
Volunteer in Colombia & help out in a hostel – requirements & tasks
Join us in our lovely bar at Cacao Hostel!
We have opened a hostel in a grand house near downtown Santa Marta with the goal of creating a meeting place for travelers from South America.The owners are a Spanish family and some friends who arrived in Colombia to embark on this exciting project!
We are searching for a volunteer who is outgoing, humorous, talkative, friendly and radiates good vibes. The volunteer’s role will be to cultivate a sociable atmosphere in the hostel. We also require fluency in both English and Spanish.
– Engaging with all the guests.
– Facilitating social activities in common areas.
– Organizing fun games such as karaoke and board games.
– Arranging events for the hostel, including dance classes, yoga, and sports activities.
– Managing the refreshments, restocking the fridge, crafting cocktails, documenting drink sales, and maintaining inventory records.
Your work in the hostel bar will be in the afternoon from 5 PM to 10 PM. Training will last for 1 hour.
You will work for about 30 hours/week.
Volunteer in Colombia & help out in a hostel – what we offer
– We offer free accommodation in a shared dormitory with air conditioning and access to hostel amenities (swimming pool, garden, kitchen, Wi-Fi, etc.).
– Enjoy a complimentary breakfast from 7:00 to 9:00, which includes coffee with milk, toast, a fruit bowl, butter, jam, scrambled eggs, or yoghurt with granola.
– You’ll have 1 day off per week.
– We also provide a 20% discount on all of our services, including the restaurant, bar, and laundry service.
Please note: We require a minimum commitment of 3 weeks for volunteers. Failing to adhere to the schedule or the minimum stay period will result in paying like guests for the days not worked (30,000 COP per night).
More volunteering opportunities in South America
- Be part of a hostel team as a volunteer in Argentina
- Volunteer in Peru & help empower local communities
- Do you speak Spanish? Volunteer in an Eco-lodge in the jungle.
- Help in a beach hostel while volunteering in Ecuador
- Teach English or French in Colombia as a volunteer
- Farm volunteering opportunity in Uruguay for 30-year-olds & older
- Be a hostel volunteer on a Colombian island in the Caribbean Sea
- Volunteer Teaching English in Chile
- Learn Horse Polo in Argentina
- Enjoy a Hostel Work Exchange in Santiago, Chile