We are looking for experienced helpers, who speak at least a little Spanish. But the most important is that you are willing to help us.
Volunteer in Colombia & work in an Eco-lodge – requirements & tasks
We are looking for volunteers to make our ecolodge an even more unique place. We are surrounded by the Amazon forest with jaguar, bear, tapir, 5 species of monkey and more than 450 species of birds.
The Eco-lodge is sustainable and completely off-grid. It runs on solar panels and we do have (satellite) internet. The place is amazing in the middle of a prime forest. You will see lots of animals, and learn a lot about life in the Amazonian jungle. Soon you will recognize the sounds. You will also learn how it is to live in the forest and how it is to run an ecolodge in the jungle. The lodge is well-known among herpetologists, birdwatchers and photographers.
The reserve has existed for 7 years and the major works have been completed. We still have some projects running, such as a multi-day trail and 2 new cabañas. But many improvements are still needed (especially the trails).
There is plenty to do in the reserve and when there are no tourists, you can basically choose how to help us from the long list we generate each month. Sometimes you can even help the tourists by explaining the (safety) rules, arranging the accommodation, etc.
We are looking for – preferably – experienced helpers, who speak at least a little Spanish. But the most important is that you are willing to help us. And do not regard it as a cheap holiday.
You have to stay for a minimum of 1 MONTH as it takes a lot of effort to explain how the lodge works. Also, it is better for you as you will be quickly independent and make your own planning.
There are no extra costs involved for you. You pay only for bottled drinks and the horse in case you want your luggage to be brought up.
You’ll work for about 28 hours a week with weekends off.
Because the lodge is made of wood, it is forbidden to smoke. We do not accept smoking volunteers.
Volunteer in Colombia & work in an Ecolodge – what we offer
We provide a bed in a shared room. We also offer a full board.
The food we prepare is delicious. It is mainly Asian food (with Colombian ingredients). We try to limit the use of meat, as it is one of the main reasons for deforestation in Colombia. So we support the vegetarian idea and often serve complete vegetarian meals. But we are a lodge for general tourists and we are not vegetarian. So unfortunately we do NOT ACCEPT VEGETARIAN volunteers as it is impossible to cook 2 different meals.
More volunteering opportunities in South America
- Help in a beach hostel while volunteering in Ecuador
- Teach English or French in Colombia as a volunteer
- Farm volunteering opportunity in Uruguay for 30-year-olds & older
- Be a hostel volunteer on a Colombian island in the Caribbean Sea
- Volunteer Teaching English in Chile
- Learn Horse Polo in Argentina
- Enjoy a Hostel Work Exchange in Santiago, Chile
- Do you speak foreign languages? Volunteer in this hotel in Peru.
- Volunteer in Chile in a hotel made out of recycled shipping containers.
- Farm Volunteering & Living in Argentina
Posts by us
- Guide to volunteering in South America
- Eight Free Gapyear Placements in South America in 2023 – if you Volunteer
- The volunteering visa guide to backpacking in South America
- Try a Work Exchange in Hospitality
- Explore Building and Restoration Projects
- Explore yoga travel jobs for certified instructors