Do you have a “let’s do this” attitude? Help take care of more than 100 alpacas in Sala, Sweden and learn about a sustainable lifestyle. No two days are ever the same. Come help on the farm and guesthouse while volunteering in Sweden!
Volunteering on an alpaca farm in Sweden – requirements & tasks
Taking care of the animals is the most important task on my farm. Volunteers will provide alpacas with everything the animals need for their well-being – good food and enough water, shade on sunny days and some sand to roll in?
Fortunately, the farm is large so the alpacas have plenty of their own space. They can decide if they want to interact with us and our guests, or just relax in the fields or walk in the forests.
Our alpaca farming is all organic and the animals enjoy organic food. We try to be as sustainable as possible.
We have an organic garden to grow vegetables and use solar power to warm the water. Our drinking water and the water for all our animals is groundwater, treated on site and regularly tested. We also recycle our sewage – treating it on site, then safely releasing it back into the water system without any environmental impact. We even use manure as fertiliser on nearby fields to grow wheat.
Running the farm is amazing but requires a lot of work. We’ve had hundreds of volunteers visiting over the years – people really felt they could contribute and help me and my alpaca family.
No day is the same here on the farm! Volunteers should be able to take the initiative and work independently when needed, as well as cooperate with others. In the high season (June – September), on weekends and during holidays, our adjoining Bed & Breakfast gets busy and any help is greatly appreciated.
We need volunteers all year round. It’s important be in good health both physically and emotionally, and comfortable around other people, children and animals. We appreciate self-initiative and positivity.
You will work for about 33 hours per week with Monday and Tuesday off.
Volunteering on an alpaca farm in Sweden – what we offer
We provide volunteers with a separate space to sleep in. Each single room contains a bed, couch, desk and kitchen. We also offer bed linen and access to laundry facilities. In case of multiple volunteers, you may be housed in one of the other rooms inside the farm house. Full board is included.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Help in a restaurant while volunteering in France
- Help in a B&B guest house while volunteering in Italy
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Montenegro
- Help with the eco-project while volunteering in Tenerife
- Volunteer in Portugal & help with an off-grid food forest project
- Volunteer in Wales & Create Wellness Retreat & Pet Boarding Facility.
- Volunteer on an organic vegetable farm in Slovenia
- Join our backpacker hostel team as a volunteer in Scotland
- Go volunteering in Tenerife, help around the house & enjoy the island life.
- Be a Helping Hand at Summer House Poland
Posts by us
- What is a farmcation and why now is a good time to take one
- What you need to know before you go volunteering on a farm
- Want to make a difference? Volunteer in agriculture
- A journey to finding happiness abroad: Why you should volunteer
- Six backpacker hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer
- Here’s why the people you meet abroad will be your friends for life