We have an organic farm with animals. It’s a heritage farm and we need help with general care and maintenance. Join us!
Volunteering on a farm in Ireland – requirements & tasks
It is a very well-managed and organized farm but I’m on my own with two elderly parents who are in good health. The farm is a certified member of the Bord Bia Quality Assurance program/Origin Green. We have a small number of dry stock (beef cattle) and sheep.
I will ask you to help me with the preparation of the vegetable/herb garden, maintaining and weeding it as well as with counting the cattle each day, observing them for any signs of illness, and feeding them. In winter you will be checking sheds, maintaining farm boundaries, and yards, and preparing meals. You’ll work for about 30 hours a week.
We have been hosting volunteers for many years going back to the early 1990s so we have lots of experience!
Volunteering on a farm in Ireland – what we offer
You will live in a 200-year-old farmhouse, which is fully restored. Our two-generation family lives there, too. You will have your bedroom with all facilities: bathroom, shower, kitchen, washing machines, etc.
An experienced farmer will show you how to perform the tasks and he will give you any information you need.
You’ll be surrounded by a forest of native woodland trees. In your free time, walk in nature and around archaeological/ecclesiastical sites on land adjacent to the river which boasts beautiful waterfalls.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer on a farm in Portugal & learn all about syntropic farming.
- Help to care for rescued animals; volunteer in France.
- Volunteering opportunity in Belgium for artists; join an artistic experiment.
- Do you like fishing? Join this opportunity in France by a lake full of fish.
- Are you over 30? Take care of a historic estate while volunteering in France.
- Volunteer on Gran Canaria & join a welcoming place with an artistic vibe.
- Volunteer with dogs in Italy & stay in contact with nature.
Posts by us
- Considering volunteering in Sri Lanka? Meet Giuliana who can help you do just that
- Six backpacker hostels to stay for free in Europe – if you volunteer
- Here’s what it’s like to be a volunteer teacher in Liberia
- Volunteering online is the new volunteering abroad – Here’s how to do it
- Everything a woman travelling solo in Jordan needs to know
- 6 Ways Travelling Can Boost Your Mindfulness
- Here’s why the people you meet abroad will be your friends for life