We freely share our beautiful space, knowledge of Permaculture, Jadam, electro culture and wellness lifestyle and we love learning from you. Join us and experience the greatest adventures while volunteering in South Africa.
Volunteer in South Africa & help out in an off-the-grid mountain retreat – requirements & tasks
Join Us in Creating a Sustainable Paradise: Permaculture, Restoration, and Outdoor Projects Await!
We have a 230-hectare property, and a part of it has invasive alien Hakea trees that need to be eradicated due to legal requirements. This is our main environmental focus. Additionally, among several permaculture projects, we’re currently concentrating on building a food forest. We’ve planted a number of trees, and now we’re working on developing the other layers. We’re seeking extra hands to help with permaculture practices.
Maintaining the fruit and vegetable sections involves sustainable nutrient programs, seed planting, transplanting, harvesting, and preserving. We also have a small forest of about 60 poplar trees, up to 23 meters tall, that fell during a six-year drought. We need help sorting the wood and branches to support the growth of new forest trees.
On the mountain behind the farm, there’s a cave that could become a great hiking spot. However, the rugged terrain requires establishing specific pathways. Enthusiastic hikers are welcome to assist with this project, benefiting guests, hikers, and volunteers.
We established a dam five years ago that serves as a water source for farming and a recreational area for swimming. Ongoing tasks include maintaining fencing, managing bushes, and establishing and upkeeping fire breaks, as typically required on a farm.
You will work for about 30 hours per week with weekends off.
Volunteer in South Africa & help out in an off-the-grid mountain retreat – what we offer
Eating and living arrangements will be discussed prior to the stay.
More volunteering opportunities
- Kenya Volunteer Placement. Teach Computer Skills & Support Children.
- Volunteer in Togo, Africa & help to improve education.
- Volunteer in Kenya & engage in environmental or wildlife conservation.
- Benin Hostel & Organic Farm Placement
- Volunteer in Peru & help empower local communities
- Do you speak Spanish? Volunteer in an Eco-lodge in the jungle.
- Help in a beach hostel while volunteering in Ecuador
- Teach English or French in Colombia as a volunteer
- Be part of a hostel team as a volunteer in South Korea
- Au Pair and Live-in Tutor – volunteer work in China