We organize youth camps for children and young people up to 18 years old. We need help in the kitchen and preparing meals. Join us!
Volunteer in Belgium – requirements & tasks
In August we organize Youth Camps in a special and unique location: a small village of Yurts.
Every week different children come to this area to socialize and engage in different activities. As a volunteer you become a part othe community, and together with a few other volunteers you are responsible for the kitchen and preparing the meals. This means: going to the store, preparing a menu, preparing the meals.
The dishes are washed and cleaned up together with the camp participants. We all live together in a small village so it will be appreciated if you also roll up your sleeves for other tasks, like lighting the campfire.
Volunteers must undergo prior police vetting in their home country. We need it to be able to accept volunteers for a role who will have contact with children (under 18s) or vulnerable adults.
Minimum stay in 1 month.
Volunteer in Belgium – what we offer
We provide you with a bed in a yurt together with other volunteers and meals with the rest of the group.
During the month of your stay, you will have 1 week off. During this week you will have time to explore the area, and travel around, together with the other volunteers.
We are happy to give you some inspiration regarding nice places to go.
Every week you will get €40 of pocket money from the organization. You can use this money to pay for everything during the week that you have off.
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Denmark. Help this family with building and gardening projects.
- Experience family life while volunteering in Mallorca, Spain
- Volunteer in lovely Slovenia. Help looking after guests & apartments.
- Volunteer on a farm in the west of Ireland near the stunning Cliffs of Moher.
- Share a house with fun people and volunteer in Switzerland for free
- Volunteering in northern Italy. Help to renovate an old mountain house.
- Volunteer in Florence, Italy and get to know a hospitality business.
- Become a qualified TEFL teacher on a sponsored cultural exchange programme in Poland.
Posts by us
- Planning on Teaching English in Italy? Here’s what to know
- Writing in Paris: From the Lost Generation to Today’s Digital Nomads
- 8 steps to being a great host
- What 8 years of bootstrapping a startup has taught me
- TEFL guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- Guide to teaching English and living in Vietnam
- Are you too old to travel?
- How to choose the best volunteering abroad option for you