Join us at our language center in Chiang Mai, Thailand, where we focus on conversation skills and making learning enjoyable. Located just a 15-minute drive from the city center, our school offers an authentic experience away from tourists and a chance to immerse yourself in the local community.
Help out as an English teacher while volunteering in Thailand – requirements & tasks
We invite volunteers to help our students practice speaking English through engaging activities and games, catering to beginner and intermediate levels. Even if you’re not a native speaker, but have teaching experience or confidence in English, you’re still welcome to join us. We can provide guidance on what and how to teach if needed.
1. Skype lessons with adults take place on weekdays from 18:50 to 22:10 and on weekends from 13:00 to 15:40. The lessons are divided among the volunteers, with each class lasting around 40 minutes. Typically, volunteers have 3-5 classes.
2. Saturdays and Sundays involve teaching 4 classes per day, starting at 9:00 am and ending at 12:00 pm. With four volunteers, each person teaches for 1.5 to 3 hours during the weekend. Please note that the number of Skype lessons per volunteer may vary, and not all volunteers have all five lessons. Usually, it’s less. It depends on how many volunteers are there at a time. On average it’s 4 Skype’s in the evening and sometimes one or two Skype lessons earlier – between 15:00 and 18:00.
You will work for about 25 hours per week.
Help out as an English teacher while volunteering in Thailand – what we offer
We provide volunteers with accommodation in a shared dormitory. Also, a full board is included.
Additional things we offer in exchange for your help:
1. Sharing teaching techniques and experiences, especially for those already in the teaching profession.
2. Exploring the beautiful surroundings of Chiang Mai during your free time, including hot springs, caves, mountains, markets, and waterfalls.
3. Enjoying local and traditional Thai food both at our center and in the area.
4. Learning Thai cooking techniques through our Sunday cooking activity, where we teach preparing dishes such as honey toast, green curry, shabu shabu, tom yum soup, pad thai, and papaya salad.
5. Connecting with the friendly local community eager to interact with volunteers and learn from different cultures.
Other volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Build houses & teach English as a volunteer in Indonesia
- Teach English while volunteering in Indonesia
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Israel
- Volunteer in South India & help children with disabilities
- Help on an organic farm while volunteering in South India
- Join our Educational Project as a Volunteer in Nepal
- Go to Vietnam, teach English and live in Ha Giang.
- Join A Nepalese Cultural Exchange & Learn Rural Life
- Be a hotel volunteer in Malaysia for bed & board.
- Volunteer with an eco project in India