We are a recently renovated, yet well-established hostel in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. We are looking for 1 or 2 helpers to work at the reception and plan events. Join us!
Volunteer in Malaysia & become a hospitality ambassador – requirements & tasks
We are a recently renovated, yet well-established hostel in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, boasting years of history in the Bukit Bintang district. In late 2023, we reopened for business and are looking for 1 or 2 helpers to join us in restoring the hospitality and atmosphere that Dorms KL was once known for.
For reception duties, you will be stationed at the front desk, handling guest check-ins and check-outs, providing information about Kuala Lumpur’s attractions and activities, answering phone calls and emails, and organizing daily activities. Additionally, we are seeking a helper to engage with our guests and assist in planning events and future bar activities.
You will work for about 30 hours per week.
The minimum stay we require is 1 MONTH. We look forward to welcoming you!
Volunteer in Malaysia & become a hospitality ambassador – what we offer
We offer free accommodation in the staff dormitories, as well as complimentary laundry services and meals. Our hostel features a HD TV in the communal area with a laptop for watching movies, listening to music, or general use. We also have a wide selection of board games and a welcoming social space for making new friends.
Other volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Volunteer as a teacher in Thailand
- Volunteer in Indonesia & help out with a house renovation
- Free volunteering in Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur Hostel
- Teach English as a volunteer in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Teach English while volunteering in Vietnam
- Volunteer in Thailand & teach English
- Build houses & teach English as a volunteer in Indonesia
- Teach English while volunteering in Indonesia
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Israel
- Help on an organic farm while volunteering in South India
Posts by us
- Going to Southeast Asia? Here is the visa guide
- Visa guide for international travellers
- Embarking on an Adventure: The Ins and Outs of Volunteering in Backpacker Hostels
- Hostel Volunteer Guide: How to Volunteer at a Hostel for Free Accommodation
- Volunteering in Malaysia – what to do, what to expect and what to pack
- Explore yoga travel jobs for certified instructors