At Coins for Change Vietnam, we work as a team to support marginalized women’s and children’s communities with educational support. Join us to teach English and make a difference!
Volunteer in Vietnam as an English teacher – requirements & tasks
We would need volunteering help with:
1. Teach English at our partner schools and provide fun clubs or group tutoring for our students 5-6 days per week for up to 18 hours. Since we are a social enterprise, not an NGO, we do not receive outside funding. We make all of the money for our social support programs through the Teach For Change program. The money that is created from the Teach for Change program is used to fund The Empowerment Plan projects, which include Her Craft and Her Academy, where we provide FREE mental health services, parenting classes, English classes, access to social workers, job placement support, business education, and tourism education. Because of the services from our Teach for Change English teaching volunteers, we are able to provide The Empowerment Plan services for FREE to our women beneficiaries!
2. Marketing and communication for all the organization and its brand products. This one required volunteers to stay in Hanoi, our headquarters. This position includes social media marketing, creating videos, planning photography sessions, writing advertisements, meeting with potential partners, attending events for organizations similar to ours, and maybe traveling to partner locations.
Coins for Change’s main office is in Hanoi, but Teach for Change English teaching volunteers work with our partners in Tuyen Quang, Nam Dinh, Cau Giat, Hai Phong, Vinh, Quang Nam, Hanoi, and Binh Duong. We are also expanding our partner network, thanks to the dedicated support of volunteers just like you, who continue to give services in order to support women and children in Vietnam.
You will work for about 18 hours per week.
Volunteer in Vietnam as an English teacher – what we offer
At C4C, our volunteers have the choice of living in either a homestay or a shared volunteer house, depending on the project location. At our homestays, the volunteer will live with our local coordinator’s families or with our beneficiary families themselves! Volunteers are fully supported with basic accommodations that will fit your needs. We offer a variety of both shared and private rooms depending on the location. In these homestays, you will have a chance to learn to cook traditional Vietnamese meals, experience Vietnamese home life, earn embroidery, learn the language and explore the local areas! Come see the Vietnamese culture!
Volunteers who prefer a more private experience can request to live in a Volunteer House, where they will share a fully equipped house with other volunteers. Here, volunteers share rooms or have their own private rooms, in addition to sharing bathrooms, a kitchen, a laundry room, and living rooms.
These accommodations are given in exchange for your commitment to facilitating English classes for a maximum of 18 hours per week, in addition to other activities that you have promised.
We also provide a half board.
Other volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Volunteer work in Vietnam – arrange entertainment for travelers
- Volunteer in Thailand & teach English
- Build houses & teach English as a volunteer in Indonesia
- Teach English while volunteering in Indonesia
- Join our hostel team as a volunteer in Israel
- Volunteer in South India & help children with disabilities
- Help on an organic farm while volunteering in South India
- Join our Educational Project as a Volunteer in Nepal
- Go to Vietnam, teach English and live in Ha Giang.
- Join A Nepalese Cultural Exchange & Learn Rural Life