India Calling Volunteers? Volunteer with Kids & Women in India. We run two free educational institute for underprivileged kids & women, in the center west part of Delhi, which is considered a huge slum – it’s called Baljeet Nagar. At present we have 102 children & 23 women and we’re looking for helping hands to assist us in teaching and empowering them.
India Calling Volunteers (help with kids & women projects) – Quick Checks
Hours & Roster: 18 hours per week, Sunday’s are free
What’s the cost? We ask for Euro €14 a day to cover accommodation & meals
What’s NOT included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
Selection process: Message us about yourself, relevant experience, why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
India Calling Volunteers – Help Required
Some of the tasks you will be helping with:
- Volunteers will assist us in our educational project for underprivileged children and women.
- We need volunteers (1 to 4) for two different projects as our requirement is – two volunteers for empowering women and two volunteers for educational project in both schools.
Hours & Roster
- 3 hours a day and six days in week. Sunday is free.
- Duration is completely volunteer’s wish.
Sleeping: Two options:
- For solo female volunteers you will have the option of staying with our project coordinator Sonu in my family home/apartment (with my husband and 11 years old son) which is within walking distance to our school, near the entrance to Baljeet Nagar. We have a western toilet, internet access and use of kitchen facilities. Volunteers will have their own space to unwind after a day of teaching.
- Volunteers can stay at our main school in Baljeet Nagar. Here you will have all the facilities you will need to make your stay here as comfortable as possible. We have a stove for cooking and a mini fridge. The bathroom has cold showers and a Western style toilet. We have roll our mattresses and a storage locker for you to put your things in. There is also an internet connection here. If you go up to the roof during sunset you will have the most amazing panoramic view of Baljeet Nagar and New Delhi looking out West and south of the city, it is stunning.
Linen & Laundry: Bed linen included. Laundry facilities available on site.
Eating: We provide meals, 2 meals a day.
Transport: The easiest way is to land at Delhi international airport called Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL). Based on confirmation of your stay, we can provide more details via messaging on how best to reach us from there.
India Calling Volunteers – Amenities & Preferences
- Our preference is single females or couples.
- Up to 4 places available.
- Age 18 +.
- Wi-Fi available.
More Volunteering Opportunities
- Live in a Meditation Centre in England
- Surf Hostel Volunteering in Ireland
- Finland Guest House Helping
- Teach English in Italy this Summer with us
- Join Our Centre (Spiritual Courses and Festivals) in Sweden
- Talk English and Enjoy a Free Hotel Stay in Czech Rep
- Be a Restaurant Assistant in Scotland
- Help out at a B&B in Normandy in France
- Volunteer in Russia helping at a Summer Festival
- Come Experience Organic Farming in Germany