Ballycastle is a great little town and a good base to explore the Causeway Coast and Glens, Belfast and Derry. We need help with cleaning & maintenance and we’ll look after you!
Volunteer in a B&B in Ireland – requirements & tasks
We are in the centre of the small seaside town of Ballycastle on the north coast of Ireland about 25 km from the famous Giants Causeway. Game of Thrones was filmed in this area and we had the privilege of watching some of the filming at Murlough Bay.
The Causeway Coast is beautiful, Ballycastle is the nicest town on the coast (in our opinion), and you’d be helping a B&B keep operating by keeping the place ship shape.
Main work will be cleaning rooms and common areas usually for about 3/4 hours a day starting at approximately 10.00 when guests start to check out. Volunteer may also be asked to help serve and clear up tables and washing dishes at and after breakfast (no other meals offered to paying guests).
Finally you may asked to help with laundry of bed linen (washing and drying). Occasionally the Volunteer might like to do some cooking for our evening family meal – if so, we will provide ingredients – but this would not be a requirement.
We have two dogs and a cat. The dogs like to go on walks along the beach!
Volunteer in a B&B in Ireland – what we offer
We will provide you with accommodation in a private bedroom. Volunteer will have a private bedroom. This will either be one of our adult children’s bedrooms (they are away studying a university) or a bedroom in the guest house or hostel. In either case, the bathroom facilities will be shared (either with our family or with paying guests in the hostel.
You will always have an evening meal. Breakfast and lunch will be on a “help yourself from the cupboard and the refrigerator” basis as one of the family. We will aim to give you at least one day off per week (on average) to allow you to explore the region. This is unlikely to be on the weekend as we are usually busiest at weekends. We have often hosted young people on this basis over the years arranged privately through friends. This is the first time we have decided to open up an online platform to seek volunteers. So we’re excited to meet you!
Other volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer in Belgium on a youth camp near Brussells.
- Volunteer in Denmark. Help this family with building and gardening projects.
- Experience family life while volunteering in Mallorca, Spain
- Volunteer in lovely Slovenia. Help looking after guests & apartments.
- Volunteer on a farm in the west of Ireland near the stunning Cliffs of Moher.
- Share a house with fun people and volunteer in Switzerland for free
- Volunteering in northern Italy. Help to renovate an old mountain house.
- Volunteer in Florence, Italy and get to know a hospitality business.
Posts by us
- My experience of volunteering in Spain with a Spanish family
- Five simple tips and tricks to help you work remotely
- Planning on Teaching English in Italy? Here’s what to know
- Writing in Paris: From the Lost Generation to Today’s Digital Nomads
- 8 steps to being a great host
- What 8 years of bootstrapping a startup has taught me
- TEFL guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- Guide to teaching English and living in Vietnam