I’m Chinese but I’ve living in Thailand for 4 years now. I bought a land in Chiangdao and now building my farm stay here for digital nomads and slow travelers. Help me with this project!
Volunteer in northern Thailand – requirements & tasks
I am building a farm stay in Thailand for digital nomads and slow travelers. I have 7 animals, mostly cats, and dogs but I’m also thinking of getting chickens, ducks, geese, and goats soon. I need help with building, maintaining the house, caring for animals, growing food, and gardening
I am also running my own YouTube channel to document the process, so if you can make videos and photos, that would be amazing as well. Any knowledge about designing and managing cafes, restaurants, and co-working spaces would be appreciated.
Volunteer in northern Thailand – what we offer
I have a bamboo guest house, if we don’t have customers you will be welcome to stay there. Otherwise, I have a “pet house” with AC. It’s a regular house that I designed for my cats so I call it pet house 🙂 It is big enough to put a bed inside – but you may need to sleep with 3 of my cats and my hedgehog if you don’t mind. Also, there are plenty of tents for you to camp in anywhere you want.
My farm is located in a small village in Thailand so you can experience very local northern Thai food, landscape, and activities. Also, you will see a bit of Chinese culture, as I’m from China.
I have bamboo buildings on my land so I would love to teach you how to build bamboo houses and how to maintain them. I am eager to grow a variety of trees, and vegetables on my land. I don’t have enough knowledge about farming – but I believe we can learn and work together!
More volunteering opportunities in Asia
- India invites travellers willing to share skills. Help to build a farm in Rajasthan.
- Volunteer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Paint a hostel & party with backpackers.
- Volunteer in India and learn natural farming methods
- Volunteering for yoga teachers in India. Give classes and explore beautiful temples and nature!
- Volunteer in Nepal helping to create a sustainable community
- Learn farming using organic and natural methods in Japan
- Volunteer in East Timor (Teach Portuguese or Korean or Vocational Skills)
Posts by us
- My experience of volunteering in Spain with a Spanish family
- Five simple tips and tricks to help you work remotely
- Planning on Teaching English in Italy? Here’s what to know
- Writing in Paris: From the Lost Generation to Today’s Digital Nomads
- 8 steps to being a great host
- What 8 years of bootstrapping a startup has taught me
- TEFL guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- Guide to teaching English and living in Vietnam