Hi, we are Brendan & Erin. Our goal is to produce the highest quality food possible, free of harmful chemicals, thriving on well-maintained soil year after year. Help us achieve that!
Volunteer on a farm in Ontario – requirements & tasks
We are a family farm with a well-established passion for maple syrup & fresh garden produce.
Brendan is the primary farmer and also a skilled carpenter. He is passionate about his relationship with the land and handling the machinery on the farm. Erin loves to get her hands dirty in the garden then scrub them clean for her job in Perth in health care. We have gardened together for almost as long as we’ve known each other, and we’ve been making maple syrup together since 2010. We have three little budding farmers who love to help and hinder the operations on the farm.
Join us as a volunteer helper and learn about our way of life. Volunteers help with all the day to day tasks on the farm for about 30 hours a week.
We welcome volunteer with a good work ethic and a desire to learn.
Volunteer on a farm in Ontario – what we offer
We are situated on 96 beautiful acres, just off the Fallbrook Road, between Bolton Creek and the Mississippi river. Our picturesque property consists of a balance of field, forest, and wetland, providing natural habitats for wildlife essential to this area.
Cozy accommodation provided. Eating arrangements to be discussed via messaging prior to confirmation of stay.
Other volunteering opportunities in North America
- Learn about organic gardening & permaculture while volunteering in Canada.
- Help with guests and explore the USA while volunteering in California.
- Help needed with llamas; Volunteer with animals in Texas, USA.
- Volunteer in Quebec. Help to run a BnB and learn about the process.
- Help with farming and building projects in Canada; volunteer in Quebec.
- Volunteer off grid in Canada. Help run an accommodation business in the north!
- Help at a B&B in Canada and live in a mountain town.
- Learn about fine food making – volunteer in Canada as a baker
Posts by us
- 2022 Guide to living as a digital nomad in Sibiu, Romania
- 8 steps to being a great host
- What 8 years of bootstrapping a startup has taught me
- TEFL guide to seeing the world for next to nothing as an English teacher
- Guide to teaching English and living in Vietnam
- Are you too old to travel?
- How to choose the best volunteering abroad option for you
- Meet a great host who’s offering a stay in a nature park in Greece