We invite you to volunteer teaching skills in South India. Lend a hand by providing early intervention training or physio, occupational and speech therapy to children. Join us!
Help children with disabilities while volunteering in South India – requirements & tasks
We are located in the city of Dindigul in southern India.
Our organization has been working with India’s rural communities for over 20 years.
We need volunteers in Early Intervention Center (63 children between the ages of 3 to 9 years), Special School for Intellectually Disabled & Autistic Children (63 children between the ages of 6 to 18 years), and a Home-Based programme.
Some of your tasks will include providing physiotherapy, occupational and speech therapy as well as coaching children on daily living skills (DLS). You will be also supporting the transition of kids into mainstream school and helping them in practising sports. One of the most important responsibilities will be assisting families in the education of their children.
If you decide to take part in Home-Based programme you will be responsible for physiotherapy training and communication skills tutoring as well as coaching local volunteers on daily living skills (DLS). We also need your help in creating awareness in rural communities.
The cost of living is 15 EUR per day per person.
Interns will work for about 25 hours per week.
Help children with disabilities while volunteering in South India – what we offer
We provide single private rooms in a family house. Half board is included. Volunteers will also have access to laundry facilities and bed linen.
Couples are welcome.
Other volunteering opportunities in Asia
- Help on an organic farm while volunteering in South India
- Join our Educational Project as a Volunteer in Nepal
- Go to Vietnam, teach English and live in Ha Giang.
- Join A Nepalese Cultural Exchange & Learn Rural Life
- Be a hotel volunteer in Malaysia for bed & board.
- Volunteer with an eco project in India
- Volunteer in East Timor. Teach Portuguese, Korean, or Vocational Skills
- Help with English Teaching and Conversation in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Learn farming using organic and natural methods in Japan.
- Volunteer in Laos with our Educational Projects & Enjoy a Homestay