We have a site for wildlife and also over 60 endangered birds to take care of. Your volunteering makes a real difference. Join us!
Volunteer with birds in Wales – requirements & tasks
Meet and learn about some of the world’s most endangered and remarkable vultures while contributing to the care of these birds on our breathtaking 110-acre site of natural beauty and wildlife. Spend your days helping with bird care and site maintenance, and unwind in the evenings, enjoying the peace and tranquility of the surroundings.
Our daily tasks involve caring for the birds, which includes preparing and distributing food, cleaning baths, and tending to any birds requiring medical or special treatment.
Additionally, we carry out essential maintenance work on the aviaries, such as repairing and replacing perches and structures, deep cleaning, and using pressure washing or steam cleaning as needed.
We also provide assistance with managing the site and land. This includes tasks like controlling invasive plant species by mowing and clearing, rebuilding stone walls, and monitoring wildlife. We help with forestry work, clearing timber, and tending to the gardens around the aviaries and central area of our facility.
You will work for about 25 hours per week.
Volunteer with birds in Wales – what we offer
We offer a private bedroom for up to two people, with either a shared or ensuite bathroom depending on availability. You will also have access to a shared kitchen and related amenities. We also provide volunteers with a breakfast.
Work up an appetite during the day and then join us for a wood-fired pizza dinner or prepare your own meals while watching the sunset over the valley. Bring your DIY skills, outdoor passion, and love for nature to this unique place. We provide all the tools and training you’ll need.
Get active, breathe in the fresh air, work up an appetite, and enjoy a good night’s sleep as well.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Do you love travel? Volunteer in Barcelona!
- Volunteer in hospitality in Órgiva, Spain
- Work on DIY projects while volunteering in Great Britain
- Volunteer at a hostel in Slovakia
- Volunteer in Athens at a seaside villa
- Help out with family projects & take care of dogs as a British volunteer
- Learn about the homestead and off-the-grid lifestyle while volunteering in Slovakia
- Volunteer in Scotland at a family farm
- Join a backpackers hostel team as a volunteer in Devon
- Volunteer in Amsterdam at a beautiful boat hotel