Does volunteering in Slovakia close to the Tatra Mountains sound good to you? If so, help out with an old-school house restoration project. Join us!
Help restore an old school as a volunteer in Slovakia – requirements & tasks
This is a project to renovate an old school in the Liptov Region and Tatra Mountains of Slovakia. The project is currently in progress, and the living area has been made very comfortable. The surrounding area offers many opportunities for hiking and cycling, with lakes and mountains nearby. Free bicycles are available for use.
The restoration involves converting a previously neglected school. The project is in an advanced stage, with ongoing construction tasks such as plastering, plumbing, painting, woodworking, and outdoor activities like landscaping, garden maintenance, fencing, and snow clearing during winter.
Having hosted more than 100 volunteers in recent years, we have maintained a 100% positive record on other help exchange platforms. Additionally, we welcome cyclists through Warmshowers and have received abundant feedback on all platforms.
You will work for about 25 hours/week with weekends off.
Help restore an old school while volunteering in Slovakia – what we offer
We offer accommodation in the already renovated section of the school building. There’s a guest room with six beds in total, consisting of two bunk bed sets and two single beds. The room is spacious and typically accommodates between one to four people.
We also provide a full board.
There is lots of hiking and cycling in the area with lakes and mountains nearby. There are several bicycles that are free to use.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Help run a guesthouse as a volunteer in Portugal
- Farm volunteer opportunity on Monte Bracco mountain, Italy
- Volunteer in France & help on an olive oil farm
- Help out on a family farm while volunteering in Norway
- Learn hospitality while volunteering in Birmingham, UK
- Renovate an off-grid Bunker Complex as a volunteer in the Netherlands
- Volunteer in Germany & assist with gardening at Glamping Camp
- Help out with a restoration project in Sardinia, Italy
- Learn how to bake as a volunteer in Scotland, UK
- Help on an eco farm & learn about permaculture in Portugal