We’re a close, comfortable, and local escape from hectic modern living. Help us create our dream retreat center at our Artists-owned Villa in Vollezele, Belgium. You’ll get to enjoy a work exchange in Belgium!
We are Laura and Jacob, Italian and French. We met in Australia and during the last few years we’ve been introduced to volunteering, met many wonderful people, and discovered beautiful locations.
Now we would like to host and receive people who like nature and have common interests. For a long time, this place has been a writer residency, receiving writers from all over the world, where they found the clarity and inspiration they so much needed. We now would like to open the doors to a new vision, organizing all sorts of interesting retreats and workshops. We would like to create an atmosphere where people feel at home and be mindful of this beautiful nature.
Come and enjoy the arty environment, we have hectares of forest with gigantic beach trees, and you can walk around the property and find yourself alone in a quiet setting. The rustic house will make you travel in time, we have a large triangular where we usually have movie nights with a beamer. The house is composed of many bedrooms and bathrooms (+ sauna), a tv room, a large kitchen, a living room with a library, and a large table to seat and enjoy meals outside. All rooms in the house carry different energy and memory.
Work exchange in Belgium – Tasks & Roles
We’ll determine the work exchange in Belgium on a day-by-day basis as needed. We are looking for people that have experience in volunteering, people that know how to work independently and manage their day and time, and people that are motivated.
- Looking for people that can help with our orchard, in October and November we will have apples ready to pick, after that, we should make tons of juice for the year.
- We need to clean up wood all around and pick some up for the coming winter.
- Our landscape is in constant need of love and care, helping out with the garden, the forest, and general chores around the house are needed to keep it look beautiful.
- At some point this winter we will also be focusing on refreshing our main house, this means painting the rooms, and changing the atmosphere and furniture.
- Jacob is a cook and Laura is naturally talented, you can learn and be of help in the kitchen. You will prepare your own breakfast and lunch. We also hope you can sometimes manage dinner for everyone.
- We are always looking for people with skills: electricians, website designers, project managers & business planners but also farmers.
The authentic and comfortable main house includes many bedrooms and bathrooms. You will have your private room with a shared bathroom.
When guests come here, we invite them to join our family meals. We eat mostly vegan/vegetarian food and provide light fare for breakfast, lunch, and snacks if desired.
Located 25 km southwest of Brussels. The best way to get here is by train to Edingen/Enghien, from there I can pick you up.
Work exchange in Belgium: What else?
Bikes, Sauna, Ping-Pong, Hiking Trails. Sorry, no children or pets are allowed. We recommend that you have your travel insurance.
Any help on this work exchange in Belgium is received in gratitude and service. Thank you.
Do you need a Visa to travel? Get the correct Visa online now >>
Volunteering exchanges in Belgium & France
- Experience Permaculture Farming (Belgium)
- Handyman & House Maintenance
- Be Part Of Our Volunteering Community Supporting Retreats and Events
- Help us Renovate our Brussels Home (Belgium)
- Hotel & Restaurant adventure in the Dordogne (France)
- Help us with Painting & Renovation in Strasbourg (France)
- Help us Build a Retreat Centre (South of France)
- Help at a Bed & Breakfast in Normandy (France)
- Small Holding Help Needed (France)
SafetyWing is the world’s first insurance made for nomads, by nomads. Get global travel medical for $37 per a month. Get Insured >>
More volunteering opportunities
- Help us run our Summer Holiday Village in Ireland
- Volunteer as a Care Assistant with us this Summer (France)
- Work away in Italy at our Agri-tourism business
- Live in a Meditation Centre in England
- Volunteer on a Organic Farm in Portugal
- Full-time Volunteer Required with Dublin Simon Community in Ireland
- Help around our Hostel in Northern Ireland
- Experience Off-Grid Living & Druidism in Ireland
- Help with Glamping Site Construction in France
- Work Accommodation Food France
If you’re going overseas, always ensure you get the right insurance cover to Live Abroad.
Posts by us
- 5 lessons I learned when building my passion blog
- Everything you need to do (and know) to plan a trip as a visually impaired person
- Guide to volunteering in France
- Guide to teaching English in Italy as a volunteer or intern
- How reviews work for hosts and volunteer helpers
- How I built a business without leaving my bedroom
- Five simple tips and tricks to help you work remotely
- What to expect when teaching English in Spain
- Volunteering online is the new volunteering abroad – Here’s how to do it
Join our Volunteering Abroad Community on Facebook. It’s a group to ask questions, share your experiences, and meet other volunteers. See you there >>