We own a houseboat 1 hour from Paris. We currently require help with renovation and maintenance/tech. Join us and become a volunteer in France!
Renovate a houseboat while volunteering in France – requirements & tasks
We own a houseboat 1 hour from Paris, reachable by train or car. I’m in the process of making it off-grid and renovating it completely. We are situated between two royal cities, Compiègne and Pierrefonds – both very beautiful areas to experience.
We would need help with two kinds of tasks:
– Renovation: carpenters with experience in flooring or drywall, as well as those with electrical expertise. We are also happy to host welders or individuals skilled in welding for tasks such as windows, handrails, and two garden roofs.
– Maintenance/tech: we are looking for someone to take care of Airbnb, and manage social media and websites in either French or English. Photography and technical skills can also be valuable assets.
On board, we have two Samoyed pups, plants, and fish. I am a practitioner and teacher of yoga, with a degree in psychology. I teach people of all ages on the boat, in Paris, or in the south of France. We also have a jacuzzi, bikes, a car, a kayak, and a smaller boat available.
You will work for about 20 hours per week.
We are LGBT-friendly.
Please feel free to reach out if you’re interested. Thank you!
Renovate a houseboat while volunteering in France – what we offer
Living and eating arrangements will be discussed on confirmation of stay.
More volunteering opportunities in Europe
- Volunteer opportunities in Spain – help out a family with house renovation
- Assist with the restoration of an old school while volunteering in Slovakia
- Help run a guesthouse as a volunteer in Portugal
- Farm volunteer opportunity on Monte Bracco mountain, Italy
- Volunteer in France & help on an olive oil farm
- Help out on a family farm while volunteering in Norway
- Learn hospitality while volunteering in Birmingham, UK
- Renovate an off-grid Bunker Complex as a volunteer in the Netherlands
- Volunteer in Germany & assist with gardening at Glamping Camp
- Help out with a restoration project in Sardinia, Italy